Accredited Schools Online uses data from trustworthy sources to evaluate schools and offer students the best information possible as they choose a degree program.
One important source is the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) developed by the U.S. Department of Education. We also consult the Bureau of Labor Statistics, independent research, and information directly from the schools.
We use this data to develop school rankings across many different degree levels and subjects. We want students of all ages, interests, and education levels to be able find the school that fits them.
We evaluate schools for our rankings and recommendations based on the factors that make a difference for prospective students. Success, quality, and affordability might seem like subjective categories, but they are each supported with objective data.
Student Success 40%
- Transfer Out Rate
- Graduation Rate
- Median 10-Year Earnings
Program Quality 40%
- Total Programs Offered
- Enrollment Rate
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio
- Net Price
- Proportion of Students Receiving Financial Aid
For advanced degrees, we focus on evaluating schools based on their commitment to graduate education.
Commitment to Graduate Education 100%
- Ratio of Master's Degree Programs Offered via Distance Education to Total Number of Master's Programs
- Ratio of Total Number of Master's Programs to Total Number of Programs
- Proportion of Graduate Students
- Graduates Enrolled in Distance Education