Since 2013, our mission at Accredited Schools Online has been to provide prospective students with accurate, trustworthy, and expert-driven information about accredited schools.
Accredited colleges meet standards that aim to ensure students receive a high-quality education that prepares graduates to succeed. We want to make it easy for students to find the right degree, school, and price for their career goals.
What We Do
At Accredited Schools Online, we develop content to help you understand accreditation and find the best accredited school for you.
Accreditation can impact a student's license and certification eligibility, college credit transfers, financial aid opportunities, ability to attend graduate school, employability, and career advancement.
We can help you find colleges that offer the degrees you want and meet the accreditation standards you need to succeed.
Accredited School Rankings
We rank the top accredited schools based on affordability, academic quality, program offerings, and reputation. Find the best accredited schools by subject, degree level, study format, and location.
Guides to Understanding Accreditation
Learn what accreditation is, why it's essential for achieving your career goals, and the problems you might face if you attend an unaccredited school.
College Planning and Financial Aid Resources
Find scholarships and grants to help you pay for your accredited degree. Use our college planning resources to answer common questions and prepare for your college journey.
Why We Value Accreditation
At Accredited Schools Online, we only recommend schools and programs accredited by legitimate accreditors. The Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education recognize legitimate accreditation agencies.
Graduating from an accredited college or university indicates that your education meets certain quality standards, preparing you to achieve your career goals.
- Employability: Many employers only recognize degrees from accredited schools. Graduating from an accredited institution indicates to employers that you received an education from a legitimate school.
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Attending an accredited college is required to qualify for federal government loans, scholarships, and grants. Most private scholarship opportunities also require you to attend an accredited school.
- Professional Licensure and Certification: Most professional licensure and certification bodies require you to attend an accredited program or school to sit for your licensure or certificate examination.
- Attending Graduate School: When applying to most graduate schools, you'll need to include your transcripts showing you completed a degree at an accredited university.
- Transferring Credits: The majority of colleges only accept transfer credits from accredited schools. This policy helps ensure transfer credits meet similar educational standards as a college's coursework.
- Employer Tuition Assistance: Many employers that offer tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs will require you to earn your degree through an accredited college.
Learn More About Accreditation
Our editorial process is rigorous. We're committed to accurate work and representing authentic experiences. Our content is informed by the experiences of real students and higher education experts, helping you make informed decisions on your path to earning a degree.
We build research, expert interviews, and fact-checking into each step of our content creation process. And we rely on trusted sources, such as:
- The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- The National Council for Education Statistics (NCES)
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- The U.S. Department of Education (ED)
Meet Our Team
Our team of writers, editors, copy editors, and reviewers has produced content covering the importance of accreditation for over a decade.
We've developed expertise in higher education, accreditation, financial aid, career advising, and various fields in which accreditation is critical, such as psychology, healthcare, and teaching.
Danika Miller is a senior writer at Accredited Schools Online. Her writing has also appeared in BestColleges, Grad School Hub, Best Value Schools, Affordable Colleges Online, and Her Campus.
Tyler Epps is an editor for Accredited Schools Online. He writes and edits content about higher education, specializing in degree planning and college rankings.
Evan Thompson is an education and careers writer with Accredited Schools Online.
Do you have feedback or questions? Please get in touch! Send us an email at [email protected].